Sunday 20 March 2011

Battersea Park

With the sun shining and many flowers now in early bloom, I was inspired to make my way to Battersea park yesterday with Anne and our friend Stina. Whenever I go the park I can't help but think of Helena and all the hours she spent in this beautiful park on the south side of the river Thames.

Helena lived around the corner from Battersea Park when she was in London between 2004 and 2006. She would head there on weekend mornings for a little jog, delighting male passersby with her speed and rosy-cheeks-endurance. I had the pleasure of going with her a few times, but I was always a few steps behind her, watching her blond hair bounce while breathing heavily and not looking half as sprightly as Helena.

There were also the times she would head to Battersea Park to attend the British Military Fitness training sessions. I am not sure how many she made it, but who would have thought that a glamorous girl like Helena even went once?!

Oh Helena, how I miss you and the many ways you could always surprise us!

No comments:

Post a Comment